Catering & Hospitality

Catering & Hospitality – Level 1 or 2

Students study the WJEC Level 1 or 2 in Hospitality and Catering. The course is built around practical skills with all students preparing, cooking and presenting food each week. All of the ingredients are provided and students can eat what they have made at break, lunch or after school. Students quickly become expert in food safety procedures and develop cooking skills so that they can start to cook for themselves and make choices about food on a daily basis. Students build up a portfolio of nutritious, healthy dishes and recipes as well as being able to regularly try new foods.

For the controlled assessment, students will carry out one assignment in which they will apply their learning to safely prepare, cook and present nutritional dishes. This work covers 60% of the course. In the summer there is a written exam covering the remaining 40%.


RSS